ABSOLUTE: NETWORK QUALITY MONITOR
NETWORK QUALITY PARAMETERS MONITORING SOLUTION
NQM is a hardware and software solution that is used to measure, collect and monitor values of qualitative characteristics of communication channels. This solution provides the means to carry out distributed monitoring of IP network’s qualitative characteristics.
This solution is made of agents (hardware and software tools that are allocated at the key network’s nodes) and core (control system). Agents periodically initiate test sessions during which they parse test traffic through the investigated network segments and record delivery parameters. System’s core manages the agents, collects, analyses and displays measurement statistics, event alerts and manages access to the data.
Measurement may be performed at network, transport, session and application levels of the OSI network model. Test traffic marking is supported by different classes of the service. Analytical tools for performance of network traffic prioritization mechanisms are supported.
The system furnishes active automated network monitoring in quasi real-time mode. Apart from active measurements, monitored data may be gathered through a variety of external sources.
The system has been included in the State Register of Measuring Equipment of the Republic of Belarus.
- Control over compliance with quality requirements of provided communication services;
- Usage of certified measurement tool in order to acquire legitimate test results that confirm the quality of communication services;
- A uniform methodological and procedural approach to evaluation of the communication services’ quality in the course of interaction between telecommunication market participants;
- A warranty of communication services’ conformity with the declared parameters and carrier’s responsibility before customers for adherence to the service level agreements (SLA);
- Monitoring qualitative network characteristics and particular areas of a network, communication channel status and networking equipment performance diagnostics, monitoring the quality of networking services (QoS).
- Measurements that are consistent with the service classes, architectural network levels, network zone structure;
- Measured parameters include: packet loss, round-trip and one way packet delay time, packet delay variations, take up speed and volume of received test data, percentage of delivered packets with modified service class type;
- Management system can take the form of any server solution, including virtual platform and software complex that controls agents and handles measurements;
- Agents can be supplied as hardware and software system or a software tool;
- Supports agents that are built into the functionality of networking equipment of other manufacturers: Cisco, Juniper, Accedian, MikroTik and others;
- Provides a possibility to use various networking devices as paired agents;
- Quality control of networking services at the application level: FTP, HTTP, IMAP, RTSP, SMTP, TFTP, DNS;
- Capable of creating any tests and implementing any random logic for testing any service, carrying out any measurements or collecting operational parameters from networking devices;
- Emulation of audio and video streams and behavior of any other applications with a possibility to choose from pre-installed tests or create a template test that will correspond to your requirements;
- Access data through a web-service: graphs, tables, diagrams, reports with built-in filters for various parameters and web-service access restrictions according to account role;
- Design your monitoring policies with numerous severity areas for measured parameters and different response scenarios to the transitions between them: web-interface notifications, e-mail, SMS, syslog, SNMP Trap, call of external procedures: HTTP, SQL and other;
- Capable of integrating with external management systems.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SYSTEM
Economic efficiency and profitability:
- Delimitation of financial liability within SLA;
- Mutually advantageous cooperation with partners and customers;
- Passive network monitoring allows to decrease waste of resources;
- Economic efficiency when installing additional agents.
Quick deployment and ease of use:
- Capable to mass configure agents and tests;
- Simple and intuitive controls;
- Trainings for employees.
Security and reliability:
- System operates 24х7;
- Guaranteed data delivery to the system’s core;
- Data backup and data recovery;
- Access control and agent’s performance control;
- Failure of one agent does not influence the performance of the network;
- Non-interference with the addressing space of the network.
- Agents are built into various hardware platforms;
- Capability to supply agents as software;
- Usage of standard echo-services (ICMP, UDP);
- Networking services as L7 level paired agents .
Fully customizable tests:
- Different types of tests;
- Several mechanisms that enable to launch tests;
- Numerous mechanisms to avoid mutual influence or visa-versa – test overlapping.
Convenient management of data:
- Logs are only limited to the disk space;
- “Raw” data and data with two levels of averaging is accessible;
- Reports for pre-defined or any periods;
- Additional properties for specific reports;
- Pre-defined and customizable user reports;
- Capability to combine reports;
- Customizable status map of agents and channels.
- Different methods of alarm delivery;
- Possibility to integrate interface elements into HTML-pages;
- Integration with external management systems;
- Transfer of measurement information using different methods.
Performance and scalability:
- Control over 10 000 agents within one management system;
- Scalability is guaranteed through cascading of software and hardware solution.
Integrated support and customization:
- Design, composition, implementation, testing and technical support of the system;
- Capability to adapt interface for customer’s individual use cases;
- Rich functionality, capability to create new functions.